Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Holland


We spent 3 days in Holland last week, most of them a blurry fog of jet lag, but amazing none-the-less. We rented bicycles and made our way around the amazing city of Amsterdam. Everyone bikes here! I loved the fact that in the morning you could see men driving their bikes with their suits on with two kids in their bike seats on back. The city is flat and the climate is perfect for riding around. I felt like an awkward American most of the time wobbling around with my bike handlebars. These people have been riding downtown in herds since they were small and they ride inches apart from each other. It reminded me of a flock of birds. We even saw a couple riding together with the boyfriend's hand on his girlfriend's shoulder. Cute. We ended up going to the Van Gogh Museum and riding a boat down to the center of town. I have a lot of Dutch blood in my family and everyone always tells me how "Dutch" I look. It was fun to see where a lot of my ancestors come from. I would love to spend more time in this great city.  Thanks to Holly for all the suggestions on what to do.  P. S.  I still don't like mayo with my fries. =/

Luke hanging tough on the flight. The DVD player made flying a dream!
The big new cheese Luke has been sporting. Notice the stroller in the background. The airport in Amsterdam lost it. It's our last photo of it. If you see it please call.

3 comments:

  1. Man... You guys are cool... Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You guys are world travelers, Im jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soungs like so much fun! I can't wait to hear more about it when you're back.

    ReplyDelete