Sunday, August 17, 2008

Does This Dress Make My Butt Look Matronly?

The last time I had to buy a formal dress was when I was VERY pregnant with Lucas. Obviously I was less that excited about having to buy a somewhat expensive dress while feeling, to put it delicately, puffy. Well, with an upcoming wedding, (that is nothing like I've attended), I've been told to dress for a black tie/white tie occasion. Which means I was a little bit excited to get to buy a fancy dress. Fast forward to this weekend. My friend Heather and I started perusing the internet and local stores only to come up with the likes of the dress that is above. Finding a formal dress that isn't matronly, but not harlot-esque is a hard task. Everything was one extreme or the other! I did end up buying a dress (not the one above or below), but I had to have it altered!!?? Does anyone know of a place that sells dresses for this market? I know there are dress shops like shabbyapple and the like, but I haven't seen the formal thing done yet. I know I won't have the need to buy a dress like this for a loooooog time, but when I do I would appreciate someone starting a company to take care of my needs. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. The dress you ended up with is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! that does sound very hard! when i was prego i wanted an excuse to buy a formal b/c i actualy saw an amazing maternity one... (although i can't remember if it was a turn key), so this might not be helpful ever again, b/c that's just murphey's law, but if you happen to need a formal maternity ever again, then visit isabellaoliver.com. they have some cool things. new topic... i have been so excited to see you family pics that you had professionaly taken, are you going to be posting those or not??? look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete