Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bernd & Isabelle's Wedding in Germany


Friday was the beginning of our friends Bernd & Isabelle's wedding. We attended the welcome dinner at the restaurant they met at that night. Most of the events took place in Isabelle's hometown of Landforden. Saturday morning they were married in a beautiful old Catholic church with a reception afterwards at her parents castle called Gut Bamhoff. I can't tell you how beautiful everything was. It was a-mazing! That night there was a formal dinner and reception and then an Oktoberfest luncheon the next day. I've never seen anything like it. I've had so much fun. Congratulations to Bernd & Marie-Isabelle Wendeln!! Thanks for sharing your special day with us!

Gut Bamhoff
Luke playing balloon soccor with a proper German woman. She was a good sport.
They hired a circus to entertain the kids. Not pictured is the guy walking on stilts & the kids tent full of games and food.  Crazy!
Jared & me at the formal dinner & dance.

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know you blogged!! Holly shmokes I'm so excited to get a peak at all you're up to. You are the bravest person alive to take a baby on a trip like that. Wow! He is adorable by the way. And I will stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing... and fun!! I really like your dress, not at all matronly! ;p Where did you get it? Megan's wedding colors are pale pink & gray, & I have to start looking.
    I'm wishing I was on vacation with you! Keep taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys are having a fun time! Great choice on the dress. You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look SO AMAZING in that dress...it's beautiful Andy! Everything looks like a blast! Good for Luke on that airplane...he is SUCH a cute little boy! Have fun, and love the pictures...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In-Sane!! I can't believe people really do live like that - it's like you guys are in a movie over there or something! Looks absolutely beautiful.

    And, I see you found a lovely dress! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what about that dress!!! you look amazing!

    your friends had a real grown up wedding, not like here. Although who would argue that having the line in the cultural hall with balloons in the basketball hoop isn't classy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. kristin- you are HIL-arious, i loved that comment! this wedding is truley enchanting, i wish i could have one like that, (too late)! to my surprise, after reading about your trip, i wouldn't go with out crew. there is so much to entertain him that even 'he' would love it! this trip truly seems spectacular! Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy, you are about the prettiest thing! The photos of Luke traveling are so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bernd & Isabelle's Wedding in Germany was a huge blast. I am just so in love with these brilliant photos. In the next month I am also tying the knot soon and seeking some help with the party décor inspirations. The ceremony will be outdoors at the beachside event space NYC. Can you share some decent ideas?

    ReplyDelete