Tuesday, July 1, 2008

...because my love is there.

Later this summer we are traveling to Europe to attend our friends Bernd & Isabelle's wedding in Germany. On our way there we'll be hitting some fun spots and I want to get some advice on where to go, what to see, and most importantly, where to eat.

First we'll be hitting Amsterdam. We won't be spending a long time in this city so my list has to be short.We'll be spending 4 days in Germany at the lovely wedding.
Next we'll be in Paris. We'll have 5 days here.

Next, London. Jared will be in meetings for some of the time so Luke and I will be hanging out by ourselves a little. I've done most of the touristy things in London already, but I mostly ate in the hotel. Food suggestions would be great and shopping is always something I like to do, even it is just through the window.
I know a lot of you have been to Europe, so let me know what you like.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting!!
    I wish I had some suggestions for you. I guess you'll have to tell me what to see & do if/when I make it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly served her mission in Amsterdam so you should get some great recommendations from her. When I went there, we rented bikes the whole time and it was so fun! The town in meant for bike riding.

    In London, most of the food is pretty bland but the Indian food is generally pretty good and my other favorite restaurant is Wagamamas (there are a few locations throughout the city). If you're there on a Sat or Sun, I love Portabello road (a great antique and farmers market) and there's a really great place to eat by there.

    Café Diana
    5 Wellington Terrace
    Bayswater Rd
    Notting Hill
    (get the chicken hummus in a pita thing)

    In Paris, we ate at some really good places, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. I'll see if Craig can remember any of them.

    I am sure that was more info than you wanted.

    Did I mention I am crazy jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! Any info you get from Craig send along. And, I will definitely talk to Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds fun!!! have a great time! i look forward to your pics. (so keep the blog updated, IF POSSIBLE)

    ReplyDelete
  5. one idea for you!!! if it were jonz and i, we would go to the Wimbeldon grounds, tour the facilities, and hopefully play on one of the outer courts, as they may be open to the public. but if you get to do that, and i don't...................

    ReplyDelete