Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Sight to Behold




I think I can remember almost every Olympics since I was born. I remember feeling excited when Mary Lou over came her bad ankle. I remember Mo Jo and her multi-colored tights and I remember Ben Johnson running with the flag after he'd won his gold. During the 2002 winter Olympics I worked for Nu Skin, which was a sponser, so I got to be right in the thick of things. For the last summer Olympics Jared & I were traveling through Europe and I remember thinking that we should maybe try to change our travel plans so they wouldn't coincide with the games. It's a minor statement to say that I'm obsessed with them.

Let's start with the opening ceremonies. If you missed it, you should be very, very sad. I can't even describe how excited I was watching that amazing scene. I had the chills and jitters all at the same time. I've never seen anything like it!! The 2008 drummers and 2008 guys in the printing blocks!!! A-mazing! My friend came over the other day and I went on and on in detail about the opening ceremonies and the stories of athletes that were competing that day......I think she was bored to tears, but she was a good sport.

I'm going to watch every minute of the games that I can. I love the sports. I love the athletes. I love thinking that there is probably a sport out there, that I haven't discovered yet, that I might be able to win a gold medal in. Badminton maybe?? It's an official Olympic sport!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking forward to them, but we've only caught bits and pieces from here. We went an entire week without TV and it was nice!

    ReplyDelete