Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tagged

I've just been been tagged. (Actually, it was about a month ago. Sorry Alisa!)

1. Typically, what time do you wake up? Embarrassingly enough, I usually get up around 9:00am with the Lukster

2. On a good night what time are your kids in bed? The ritual starts around 8:00 and usually ends around 8:30.

3. How long have you been a mom?
Two years, two months, and 4 days.

4. How old were you when you became a mom?
29

5. What is your favorite kids t.v. show/movie?
Definitely Curious George!

6. What is your least favorite kids show?
Anything in Spanish- sorry Jared.

7. What are your kids favorite chores?
Luke likes to throw his own diaper away. Pretty good, I'd say.

8. What is your favorite meal to cook?
The one I cook on a full stomach. Everyone knows I don't function well on an empty stomach. It can get pretty ugly. I've been known to lay down on the floor in the kitchen.

9. What is the meal you cook most often?
Probably salmon.

10. What is your kids favorite meal?
Luke likes cereal and bread too much.

11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
Luke loves to imitate anything Jared is doing so it cute when they fix things together or play soccer together.

12. What are five things that make you smile when being a mom?
1. Luke's sense of humor. Today he learned that it was hilarious to lick me when I tried to kiss him. He tried it over and over for 30 min. I caught on after the first lick and wouldn't let him. We were both laughing so hard.

2. New phrases. Luke is saying "sure" right now for yes. He doesn't understand the subtle difference. When he is upset and wants something it's funny when he is crying/yelling "SURE"!

3. When he goes to sleep at night he likes to talk/sing through his day. i.e. Mom, Dad, park, swing, bike, truck, silly. He usually ends up cracking himself up at some point.

4. I love it when Jared brings Luke upstairs and he will snuggle with me for a few minutes.

5. Watching him learn. (This could also go under new phrases.) For awhile Luke was saying "mine's" for- it's mine. I thought this was brilliant. It makes perfect sense. Mom's, Dad's ....Mine's. He already grasps the concept of possessive form. He's gonna be a smart one!

13. If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be? Probably Hawaii again. Luke would enjoy it more now that he is older.

14. When was the last time you went somewhere without your kids?
Jogging (ok, more like walking) on Saturday.

15. What is your favorite pastime activity to do with your kids?
Riding our bike to the park and letting him play on the wheeeee (the slide).

16. Name one thing you said you’d never do as a mom?
I wrote in my journal I would never swear. I'll leave it at that.

17. What is your favorite quality your mom has?
She's the most kind hearted person I know. Not a titch(sp?) of guile.

.18. What is your advice for new moms?
Just have fun.

19. What is your scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom?

While I was getting ice cream from the ice cream man Jared finished his soccer game and grabbed Luke out of the car. He thought I had seen him. I screamed like a mad woman and when I finally realized he was ok I sat down on the pavement and bawled.

20. What is your most joyful moment as a mom?
Hard to say, I really love it.

21. When was the last time you were told “I LOVE YOU” by one of your kids?
About an hour ago when I put Luke down for a nap.

I tag any mom who reads this.

3 comments:

  1. That picture is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is your little guy...I love his curly brown hair. I honestly thought my little guy would have brown hair like that, but he has blonde...it's crazy to me!! I will try to do my tag, but I am not promising anything! I, to this day, have not done any tags yet...opps!! Anyway, it was so fun to read through this post! You have such a sweatheart...i can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture too!

    ReplyDelete