Saturday, June 21, 2008

Strawberry Days!!


I have a hard time remembering a year that I have missed Pleasant Grove's Strawberry Days. I grew up on a farm and there is something in me that wants to have cows again and ride my horse around a farm. A yearly dose of cowboy is something I love and this years Strawberry Days Rodeo was SO MUCH FUN!! Sure during the calf roping I'm hoping the cowboy's lasso misses the cute little calf and he makes his way across the arena with out getting yanked backwards. Sure the rodeo queens are hilarious as they frantically wave to the crowd while the horse jiggles the crap out of them. But I love every part of it! Is it weird that I have fantasies of Luke growing up to be a cowboy??
This is how excited I was to be there!
Zach, Kamille, and Heather and the infamous strawberries & cream.
Jared, me and the arena. I can't wait to bring Luke next year when going to bed at 8 isn't as essential to his happiness. I need to start looking for his cowboys boots.

2 comments:

  1. How fun. We used to go to a festival like that up in Northern Utah where my parents are from. I haven't been to a rodeo for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, this looks and seem so awesome! you might think that i have been to a few rodeos in my time, having been from TEXAS, but sadly, NO!! i have only been to some crazy thing called "rattle snake round-up" YIKES!! anyway, i will definatley have to remember this for the furture. it looks fun and sounds even funner!!

    ReplyDelete