Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Farmer's Market

Today we spent the morning at the Farmer's Market downtown at Pioneer Park. Most of you know that Jared has been very diligent about speaking only Spanish to Lucas and I'm amazed with how fast Luke has picked up on it. He even gets that he should speak Spanish with Dad and that Mom no comprendo. The other day he even got mad when I tried to change the radio station in the car off a Spanish station!!!!????? I digress. At the farmer's market Luke soon became fascinated by the Mexican musicians. I walked around while Dad and Luke sat for an hour and a half.

Completely enthralled.Meanwhile, Luke's cousin Belle and her friend Kai got henna tattoos.
Luke tuckered out after a hard day of jammin' to his Mexican music.
When we got home we had a quick run through the sprinklers.
Luke and I then had a stand-off over nap time. Can you you see the look in his eyes? I won! He did, however, want me to sing him a song that his Mexican friends had sung earlier. It was a mixture of German and some Spanish I know. At that, he was satisfied and he feel asleep dreaming of being a Mexican cowboy.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Luke is already bilingual. I tell everyone about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love how intent Luke looks in that picture when he's watching the band. Also, one of the things that I can't wait for with kids is having a ready excuse to thoroughly enjoy running through the sprinklers again. They really con you out of that one in adulthood.

    ReplyDelete