Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Binky rehab??


Since the new findings that some plastics contain a chemical called BPA have been coming out, I've been throwing away all of Luke's sippy cups and all of our tupperware that has the toxic chemical. Well, as I put Luke down for his nap today I started thinking about the binky that he is currently sucking on as I type.... I looked it up here. It's on the list of "bad" plastics!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! We don't let Luke have his binky other than in his bed or car seat, but we haven't taken it away completely. As bad habits go the binky is down on the list for a 2 year old I'd say. Has anyone really seen someone graduate or get married with a binky? No! Yes there may be a few buck tooth kids out there but hey, I had braces and they make for a good smile. So most likely Luke will need braces anyway....right? I really have two options to avoid the most guilt, which is usually what I base most choices on.
1. Get rid of the bink completly- cold turkey style. (This option is not looking good.)
2. Replace the binky with it's non-toxic counterpart and take it away at a later date. (This option is going to win.)

No comments:

Post a Comment